Friday 19 January 2018

Red Dress

With the bad weather recently, I have not had an opportunity for outside photos but I found this one from August which I didn't get around to posting.

The knee length dress cost me about £4.00 (I can't remember exactly). I don't normally wear much in pink/red preferring blues and greens but I thought I would buy it for a change. It was a different style for me as well with the pleated effect and I added a belt around the middle.

However, I noticed a flaw in the material and decided to donate it back as the charity shop can get money for substandard garments/rags from recycling companies.

The black jacket I bought new and I often wear it to work over a white blouse.

Part of the fun of charity shop browsing is that you never know what you might find - but you do make mistakes and must take the rough with the smooth. Fortunately if you do make a mistake it is not costly!

7 comments:

  1. Oh it's a shame you had to donate this dress back as it does look lovely! I like the pleated skirt :)

    Hope that you are having a great week and that you have a nice weekend ahead of you! We will probably have a quiet one as we are all still a little unwell.

    Away From The Blue Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mica. It was a shame about the flaw but it was noticeable.

      I hope that you will soon all be much better

      Delete
  2. Oh, that's too bad there was a problem with the material! The dress looked great on you, and what a nice color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I liked it but the flaw was too noticeable

      Delete
  3. Pity about the flow because the dress is so lovely, I like this shade of red, not too loud but still making a statement
    https://lookingfabulousat50.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, what a shame but it still helped the charity shop, so that is a comforting thought!

    -Kati
    Almost Stylish

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a shame the dress had a flaw because it's lovely. My mum often buys things from charity shops and donates them back if they're not right, at least it doesn't break the bank. Thanks for linking up!

    Emma xxx
    www.style-splash.com

    ReplyDelete