Wednesday 18 October 2017

Autumn

Sorry for a lack of a new post recently but I was off sick for about 10 days and then had a lot of catching up to do both at home and work.

The weather here in the UK has been strangely mild for mid-October and we experienced air from Africa a day or so ago which deposited a film of red dust on everything and gave the sun an unusual hazy but red glow for a few hours.

Anyway, you may notice my red hair - I did some experimentation when I was confined to the house and it went wrong - far more vivid a colour that I intended.

The blouse is from a charity shop - 50 p in a bargain bin! It is a fairly loose style. My skirt is shorter than I normally like but it was £2.50 and is suitable for work. It has a Next label. 

My shoes cost £4.00. Red is an unusual colour for shoes in my case. However they are comfortable and give a bright flash of colour to an otherwise plain outfit.

What do you think folks?

12 comments:

  1. Rebecca, you are sort of hiding your red hair, but those red shoes are fantastic! I am sorry to hear that you have been ill. I am on about day 5 of some horrible bronchial infection of sorts myself. And trying to play catch up as well. Sending healing vibes all around! Thanks so much for linking up with me!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you will soon be feeling much better Shelbee. I tried to hide my hair as it looked awful (in my opinion)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hope you are feeling better I was sick for several days recently and understand how it does set you back
    come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you are feeling better! This look is so cute! I love the pop of red that you added with the shoes. I could totally see myself wearing this outfit.

    ~xo Sheree
    PoshClassyMom.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I hope you are feeling much better. I happen to be a fan of the vivid red hair. :) This is such a classic look and the red pumps are a perfect choice. Thanks for linking up with Fabulous Friday!

    Jennie - A Pocketful of Polka Dots

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your super stylish bargain outfit! From what I can see your hair looks lovely. Thanks for linking up and hope you're feeling better!

    Emma xxx
    www.style-splash.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for linking up to Top of the World Style.Great red-white-black look. The pumps are so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to see more of that hair! Gone wrong? I love Red hair! Easy for me to say but your wearing it and need to be comfortable right? I'm sure it will fade or you could buy those shaders from Superdrug to tone it down. They are just shampoo sachets and work a treat on toning colour down xx

    www.vanityandmestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you are completly recovered and have power for more post! very nice photos!
    xoxo,
    Julie
    https://juliesdresscode.de

    ReplyDelete