Sunday 19 March 2017

Dress Down Day

In my last post, I wrote about our dress down day at work on Friday to raise money for Comic Relief (which for my non-UK readers is a nationwide charity event). We need to wear a casual top and jeans which caused me a headache as I am probably one of the few women around who does not like jeans - I have actually never owned a pair!
Anyway, I thought I would step outside my comfort zone during my lunchtime on Thursday and see if I could find an inexpensive pair of jeans I could buy just for the day. I had tried on some jeans a few years ago when my best friend tried to persuade me to buy some and I remember how uncomfortable they felt. I thought it would give it another go and ventured into one of the stores that sold budget clothes and tried on some jeans.

I managed to take a photo in the changing room. The one pair that fitted properly I felt were far too tight around my thighs and bottom. I am always self conscious of my bottom when wearing trousers and you will see that these jeans emphasises the shape of my bottom far too much and would be against my standards of modest dress. I just would not feel comfortable wearing them.
I have two alternative outfits - the first is this fun shirt which I could wear with my blue trousers. The shirt is quite long and hides my bottom!
The second is leggings with a tunic. I bought these leggings two years ago and wore them on holiday. I am not a huge leggings fan but they are far more comfortable than jeans and give a casual appearance.

What do you think - your comments will influence my decision!

10 comments:

  1. I hope you managed to find a solution to your problem! :) You could always have gone for a denim skirt instead? They make some cute denim midi or maxi skirts? Straight leg jeans I don't see around quite as much now but have a few in my wardrobe, they are a looser less body-hugging style you might want to try next time? :)

    Hope you've had a great weekend!

    Away From The Blue Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think both options are great but the second one with the leggings and long tunic looks so comfy and cute!! Good luck deciding and thank you so much for sharing with us at On Mondays We Link-Up :).

    Sarah
    Trendy & Tidy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live in leggings! lol Well because lately all I have been doing is going to the gym so that explains it the first picture the pants look great on you

    Life is just Rosie
    Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the leggings! It's always so comfy and worn with a tunic looks so chic!

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that blue shirt!! So colorful and bright! (That's my pick!)

    Stopping by from the Confident Twosday linkup!

    -Adriele
    StyleAssisted.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I vote for the first outfit : the lovely printed shirt with a pair of blue trousers ... let us know about your decision and, enjoy the event!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both outfits look totally suitable to me, I love the pretty blue and coral blouse - it's stunning. Jacqui
    www.mummabstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for linking up to the Top of the World Style party. The floral dres/top is so stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i like fun top and blue trousers combo
    https://lookingfabulousat50.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is a great website.. The Design looks very good.. Keep working like that!.
    donations

    ReplyDelete