Saturday 14 November 2015

An Evening Out!

We were invited out for a meal this week to celebrate my friend Lisa's husband's birthday. It was quite a treat for us as well as we don't go out much as a couple without the children as I think it is important to put their welfare first while they are relatively young. Fortunately a good neighbour was able to stay with them (I don't like to use the term baby sitting anymore!).

We went out to a quiet country pub and had a lovely carvery. I wore this outfit. The top was rediscovered in a drawer. I bought it some time ago and I can't even remember if it was new at the time. It has a George label. I thought that the green would tone well with the grey pencil skirt. The skirt is another of my charity shop finds. I liked it as it was knee length and not too restrictive in style. It cost me £3.50. Sadly, it is the wrong colour to wear to work.


We needed our raincoats during the evening as one of the first winter storms decided to hit the UK. The weather experts have started to give our storms names - starting with the letter A. It was rather appropriate that this one was named "Abigail" as the main problem was high winds!
 
During my few days leave from work I took advantage to have a good wardrobe clear out. I do tend to buy too many clothes when I see a bargain in a charity shop. I just can't resist it. I like supporting good causes but it does pose a problem of storing the clothes at home. Some of the items were also mistakes or didn't fit very well.
 
I filled two large bags of my clothes to donate back to charity and a further bag of the children's clothes which they had outgrown. One of the items to go was the yellow dress I featured in a recent post. It was a size too small and while it may have made me look nice and slim, it was too tight around the waist to be comfortable! Hopefully someone else will enjoy it. 

6 comments:

  1. Really adorable and classy outfit. I love the green blouse....I can see it be an amazing for the Christmas season....shiny and green.

    Also, wanted to ask why you don't like using the term baby sitter anymore? Because they are too old now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - Hannah hates it - I am not a baby Mum she says!!!

      Glad you like the blouse - I am pleased that I found it again and I am sure I will wear it lots

      Rebecca

      Delete
  2. Pretty! It is nice to be able to go out as a couple now and then. :-) Have a lovely day. ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love cleaning out my wardrobe! A good purge always makes a weight lift off me!
    Thanks for linking up with us on Start the Week Stylish
    - Ana Luiza
    The Northwest Blonde

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the color of the blouse
    http://www.stylediarybyosy.com/2015/11/linkpartywithosy-and-ifbs-links-la-mode.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. The green blouse is so pretty on you! I need to do a good closet clean out, we do a good job of doing that with my son's closet since he grows out of his clothes so quickly.

    Thank you for being a part of TBT Fashion link up and hope to see you soon!

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete