Monday 10 August 2015

Shaun the Sheep and a Turquoise Dress

As our fun activity this weekend we decided to attempt the Shaun the Sheep trail in Bristol. In case Shaun is not known outside the UK, he is an animated children's character.

There are 70 large decorated models of Shaun to be found throughout the city. It is a charity event to raise money for the Children's Hospital. http://shauninthecity.org.uk/
 
We didn't have time to find all of the Shauns as Bristol is such a big city but we had a great time and maybe will have another go at completing the trail later in the month. The sheep will be auctioned when the trail closes and they will hopefully raise a huge sum for this worthwhile cause.
 
I have been wearing dresses and skirts full time again since early June and decided to wear this charity shop dress on our Bristol trip. I was attracted by the colour as turquoise is one of my favourites. It is knee length, the length I tend to prefer. I thought that the "tie" decoration might be a nuisance but it has not caused any problems so far. It cost me £4.00 a few months ago.
 
I have been wearing skirts to the office each day during the summer. I find them much cooler and more comfortable during the warm and humid conditions we have experienced recently. At first some of my younger colleagues were curious about my skirt wearing and were astonished when I told them that I wore skirts and dresses throughout the year until about 20 months ago.
 
One girl decided to wear a skirt to work three weeks ago and remarked how comfortable she felt and last week my other colleague joined her. No doubt we will all revert to our trousers in the autumn but I feel that it is good to have a change and dress appropriately during our warmer weather
 



1 comment: