Sunday 19 July 2015

Summer Holidays

The Schools broke up on Friday for the summer holidays. We are not going away this year for a long break but will be having some weekend trips. It is one of the drawbacks of changing jobs to find my colleagues had already pre-booked leave during the next six weeks! Anyway, Hannah and Henry will be staying with relatives and taking part in some activity camps during the break from school so having to work will not be too much of an issue.

I was looking at some holiday photos recently and it is amazing how many different places we have been lucky enough to visit during the last ten years.

The most romantic must be Paris. We visited Paris shortly after we were married and spent a long weekend there.

The highlight of our trip was a cruise along the River Seine during the early evening when the Eiffel Tower and many other buildings and landmarks were lit. It was truely magical.

Our most picturesque overseas holiday must have been to the island of St Lucia. It was a winter break just before the children arrived and the natural beauty of the island was absolutely stunning.

As a keen gardener, I really appreciated the colours of the tropical gardens and St Lucia is blessed with a rainy season which results in lush natural vegetation. It was amazing to see fruit that we buy in supermarkets growing in their natural habitat. The temperatures were about 80F most days and the humidity was quite high. There was a wonderful market in Castries the capital and the charm of the island had not been spoilt by tourism as is often the case.

Sadly no new charity shop bargain this week so I will do  a brief post on this top which I bought a month or so ago.
It only cost me £1.00 and it is really a size too big but the belt helps avoid the impression that I have suddenly put on weight! The button front makes it a little different. I still have not made up my mind if I really like it or if it suits me. As it was so cheap it does not really matter if I just wear it around the house or for gardening.

What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. That white top is lovely, I like it belted!

    And you are so lucky you have visited Paris - I would really like to go one day! :)

    Away From The Blue Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mica.

      I hope that you get to visit Paris - it is a wonderful city!

      Delete