Saturday 2 May 2015

New Job

I started my new job on Monday. I was a little sad to say goodbye to my friends at my previous office but I am still working in the same town and we have promised to meet up every now and then for a coffee and a catch up on news.

My new office is nearer home and I won't have to experience so much traffic congestion each day. I should be able to save about 30 minutes in total and will be able to collect the children slightly earlier from After School Club.

Although the work is similar to my previous job, I have a little more responsibility as I supervise two other girls and the smooth running of the reception area and back office is down to me. I love a new challenge every now and then and so I am looking forward to it.

My new company has a few similar rules including a dislike of social media - so my head will still be chopped off in my posts and I need to be careful what I post on Facebook etc. My husband jokes that I must know how Anne Boleyn and Mary Queen of Scots felt when he looks at my posts!

Dress code is similar as well - staff have to maintain the "corporate image of the company" and maintain "a smart appearance" at all times. Reception staff must wear black and white but I seem to have a little more discretion unless I have to provide sickness or holiday cover for reception. I may be able to wear navy, for example, but perhaps a flowery summer dress might not be so appropriate.

The photo shows my outfit on my first day. I have had this suit for several years and I have worn it to work many times. I like the length of the skirt as I am not comfortable with skirts above my knee. I am still having to wear flat or low heel shoes as my ankle is still a little painful after my mishap a week or so ago.
 
I will try to do a post on some more summery outfits next week but the weather is wet and cold again - certainly not feeling like summer!

4 comments:

  1. I could not dress black and white every day....it would drive me crazy! ☺ Wish you the best on your new job

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Iris.

    Actually you get used to the dress code - saves worrying too much about what to wear!! Anyway May Bank Holiday Monday to enjoy today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still getting used to a dress code/uniform at my job too. :) Good luck with your job! It is so strange that they care about what you post social media; I've never heard of that?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lauren

    Thanks for your good wishes. I think the rules about social media relate to not posting controversial views or opinions

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete