Tuesday 26 August 2014

Walk Through History

I went to a Walk Through History Event held at out local Arena over the Bank Holiday Weekend.
There were displays and re-enactments of life and battles through the ages from Medieval Times through to World War II. There were some wonderful costumes to view. It made me think how uncomfortable it must have been for women to conduct their ordinary lives in some of the period costumes and how lucky we are with the comfortable and practical clothes we have today.

I had hoped to be able to buy some vintage clothes but sadly there were none on general sale. I have recently become very interested in the 1940s and 1950s and hope to add to my very limited wardrobe very soon.

Fifteenth Century


First World War soldier meeting Victorian Ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment